You have most surely evaluated everything that is happening inside the body of your baby. You are ready to do whatever it takes to keep him/her safe. Well, then start by choosing the right detergent. It can be a challenging task given there are plenty of options available and that the skin of the babies is sensitive – prone to eczema and cradle cap.
There is good news! With TAD research, you can find a product that suits your baby’s exclusive requirements. The given discussion aims to help, So, please check it out right now.
12 Best Baby Laundry Detergents in India
Although a fair share of parents continues with the laundry detergent they have been using for their own clothes, it is worth trying a product specifically manufactured for babies. Such a consideration is further necessary if you do not want your little one to suffer from itchiness, rashes, or other skin disorders.
According to the latest study, about 15% of children in the USA alone experience eczema, and at least one-third of the cases are severe. It is absolutely possible that you are parenting a baby who requires special detergent that will keep the extra flare-ups at bay – flare-ups that happen due to fragrance, dyes, and other chemicals.
To know about the best baby laundry detergents in India, please do go through the next section. It specifies a wide range of available options along with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Himalaya Gentle Baby Laundry Wash
When looking for the best baby laundry detergent in India, most parents opt for the Himalaya Gentle Baby Laundry Wash. It is formulated with a wide range of herms that has abundant antibacterial properties and cleansing agents derived from nature. It can effectively clean the baby’s clothes while being gentle on the skin.
If washing with hands, make sure to mix 25ml of the product in ten litres of water. Soak the clothes for at least thirty minutes before scrubbing and rinsing them. For a washing machine with 40 litres capacity, pour 40ml of the product.
The ingredients used are cent percent beneficial. Neem has immense significance in Ayurveda. It is safe, potent, and noted for being antimicrobial. The saponins extracted from Soapnut clean the fabric successfully and removes all kinds of stains, no matter how tough they seem. Lemon and geranium are also antimicrobial and assure to kill all harmful germs.
- Tested clinically.
- Softens the fabric.
- Biodegradable and does not harm the environment.
- Pleasant fragrance.
- Free from caustic chemicals, synthetic colours, bleach, silicates, etc.
- The power of the product is average compared to its price.
2. Mother Sparsh Baby Laundry Liquid Detergent
Mother Sparsh Laundry Detergent contains plant-based products. Owing to being a perfect amalgamation of organic herbs and essential oils, this product is free of artificial scents and does not cause any type of allergic reaction. Mother Sparsh is known for being non-toxic, colour-safe, and capable of removing the toughest stains and odors.
The brand acknowledges the authenticity of the products and concentrates on enhancing beauty through botanically sourced compounds and formulations. Mother Sparsh, considered the best baby laundry detergent in India, adapts to the changing requirements of the mothers and helps them enjoy nature in the most unadulterated way.
The ingredients used have proven effective. Neem Extracts have antimicrobial properties; thus, they make the detergent capable of eliminating germs from the baby’s clothes. The baby clothes usually contain germs since they are constantly exposed to dirt, food particles, saliva, etc. Eucalyptus oil leaves behind a soothing fragrance and allows the clothes and sheets to appear fresh. It can also prevent the growth of germs. Aloe extracts keep skin irritation at bay. This ingredient lets Mother Sparsh be gentle on the hands and clothes.
- Removes the most stubborn stains in a short period.
- Do not bleach the vibrant colours.
- Includes all-natural products.
- Tested dermatologically.
- Certified by the IFRA.
- Contains no phosphates, foam boosters, or optical brighteners.
- Mild on the clothes and hands.
- Extremely watery.
3. Mamaearth’s Plant-Based Baby Laundry Liquid Detergent
Mamaearth’s Plant-Based Baby Laundry Liquid Detergent is completely safe for cleaning baby clothes, towels, and sheets. It has a wide range of natural ingredients and bio enzymes that can successfully break down the oil and dirt. It leaves behind a pleasant smell and can remove even the toughest stains in just one wash. Owing to being dermatologically tested, Mamaearth is incredibly gentle on the skin.
The ingredients used make the product so potent. The surfactants derived from plants can effectively fight odors and stains. It also makes the detergent gentle on the skin and the cloth fabrics. Neem is the best antibacterial agent that provides relief from the germs arising due to constant exposure to sweat, milk, drool, and food. Bio enzymes create foam and clean the items better. Lime citrus is capable of killing bacteria, mildew, and mold. It will remove all types of stains, even the ones from urine and soap scum.
- Enriched with the best features of bio enzymes and plant-based formulations, Mamaearth is extremely safe for the baby’s skin.
- Mamaearth’s plant-based baby laundry liquid detergent is believed to be the best baby laundry detergent in India because it can be used for cleaning a wide range of items – starting from cotton, linen, synthetic fiber, and baby fabrics like blankets, bedding, towels, cloth diapers, etc.
- Mamaearth claims to be nontoxic since it does not contain SLS, SLES, bleach, foam boosters, parabens, optical brighteners, and phosphates.
- The warmth offered is not sufficient.
4. Puracy Natural Liquid Baby Laundry Detergent
Puracy Natural Liquid Baby Laundry Detergent is a fragrance-free product developed by the best doctors in the world. In its composition, one would not find any sort of sulfates, phosphates, chlorine, petrochemicals, perfumes, dyes, allergens, and animal by-products. Puracy strikes a balance between effective and gentle.
The plant-based enzymes Puracy contains makes it the best baby laundry detergent in India. It works much better than the harsh chemicals when it comes to breaking down stains, blood, grease, dirt, sweat, grass, and food particles. With 10x concentration, the fabrics manage to retain their brand-new shine for a prolonged period. Puracy detergent is gentle on the skin and delicate clothes and tough on the stains.
As stated earlier, Puracy does not use any artificial scents, yet it smells exceptional, all thanks to the essential oils. The clean, natural smell of laundry is what impressed the newbie mothers.
- Puracy natural liquid baby laundry detergent is an industry-leading product that claims to destroy obnoxious odors right at their source.
- Puracy is created by the doctors, and they made sure it contains no harmful chemicals that would cause skin irritation.
- It can be used on delicate clothing, cloth diapers, microfiber towels, etc. Puracy is never tested on animals.
- The container is manufactured from plastic. Thus, it is not environment-friendly.
5. Mee Mee Mild Baby Liquid Detergent
Mee Mee Mild Baby Liquid Detergent was manufactured keeping in mind that a baby’s skin is immensely sensitive. It is gentle, hygienic, and has special formulations that would keep the baby’s clothes fresh for long.
Mee Mee aims to make the journey for newbie parents enjoyable and less taxing. How? By delivering products of top-notch quality, of course. Mee Mee is considered the best baby laundry detergent in India because it can eliminate the toughest stains, regardless of whether you opt for handwashing or machine wash. Fortified with triple enzymes, it makes sure to kill all the harmful germs.
- As evident from the name, Mee Mee mild baby liquid detergent is exceptionally gentle. It does not irritate the baby’s skin in any way.
- Mee Mee is completely safe. It has no artificial dyes or perfumes that can cause allergic reactions.
- Although the detergent does not have any optical brighteners, it can whiten the clothes to a great extent.
- Mee Mee can remove the stubborn stains that are deposited deep inside the fabrics.
- The detergent is biodegradable.
- It has a mellow aroma.
- Mee Mee does not specify the ingredients the detergent contains.
6. Chicco Baby Laundry Detergent
In case you are looking for a powerful yet sensitive detergent that prioritizes the health of your baby, make sure to opt for Chicco Baby Laundry Detergent. It contains a wide range of anionic surfactants (from 5% to 15%) as well as non-ionic surfactants (less than 5%). The exclusive composition gives Chicco detergent a perfect balance between cleansing capacity and delicacy. The other special ingredients used the claim to remove all sorts of stains from the baby’s clothes and sheets without hampering the fabric. The natural additives do not destroy the colour, and the gentle perfumes actually feel good.
If you are planning on washing the clothes with your hands, make sure to mix 10ml of the product into 10ml of water. Add the soiled clothes, and you will notice that the stains break down without much effort. In case of machine wash, pour half a cap of the detergent. Add the clothes and then follow the standard procedure.
- Chicco laundry detergent is specially designed for cleaning children’s clothes.
- The product has been dermatologically tested. It is cent percent safe on the skin.
- Chicco can kill 99% of the harmful fungi and bacteria.
- It is hypoallergenic, or in other words, does not cause any allergic reactions.
- It is free of caustic chemicals, phosphorus, sulfates, colourants, and brighteners.
- The container is not leakproof
7. Farlin Anti-Bacterial Baby Clothing Detergent
Farlin Antibacterial Baby Clothing Detergent is the best baby laundry detergent in India right now. It is free of caustic chemicals and very gentle on the baby’s clothes. It has an immensely mild fragrance, and make sure to retain the fabrics’ softness to the greatest extent. Farlin assures to remove the toughest stains effectively without causing any sort of skin irritation – something that is a huge problem for the detergents used for adult clothing. Besides handwashing, you can use the detergent in top and front load washing machines.
Farlin has been gaining popularity since its inception in the year 1972. It has about 76 unique agents throughout the world manufacturing and selling baby care products of top-notch quality.
- Farlin antibacterial baby clothing detergent is known for using a special anti-stink formula. It keeps the clothes, bedsheets, and cloth diapers smelling fresh.
- The detergent has no artificial brighteners, but it manages to generate a superb cleaning effect. The white clothes remain sparkling white, and the coloured ones vibrant.
- Farlin detergent is cent percent natural. It does not contain phosphorus or anything that may bleach the colour of clothes and cause allergic reactions.
- Farlin detergent has varied types of plant extracts that are safe and can effectively remove greasy stains or dirt. All the other ingredients are approved by the FDA.
- Finally, yet importantly, Farlin antibacterial baby clothing detergent is designed keeping in mind your baby’s wellbeing and overall hygiene in mind.
- Although Farlin antibacterial baby clothing detergent is available in various sizes, the largest one is a bit pricey, especially compared to the other detergents available in the market.
8. Windmill Baby Natural Plant-Based Laundry Detergent
Windmill Baby Natural Plant-Based Laundry Detergent is designed keeping in mind the modern-day cleaning requirements. Several kinds of research have proved that commercial cleaning solutions and detergents are harsh on the skin and contain abundant toxins, so they must never be used for baby clothes. Windmill Baby is considered safe probably because it keeps caustic chemicals at bay and uses only gentle plant-based materials.
The first couple of months for new-born are filled with adjustments. They are suddenly exposed to a world that is brighter, colder, and louder. Their skin is getting habituated with an atmosphere that is not as safe as their mother’s womb. Windmill Baby laundry detergent contains natural ingredients free of allergens that assures to prevent eczemas and rashes.
The ingredients used are coconut oil-based surfactants, lauramine oxide, Xanthan gum that is corn-based, citric acid, bio enzymes, sodium benzoate, and salt. Although you may choose the fragrance-free version, the Windmill baby laundry detergent is also available in lavender scent.
- Windmill baby makes sure to be gentle on the skin. It would not irritate your hands or your baby’s soft body.
- All the ingredients used are plant-based and certified by the SCA and USDA. They have the capacity to clean deep.
- Powered by bio enzymes, Windmill baby laundry detergent can work on stubborn stains and maintain the shine of the clothes.
- The windmill is believed to be the best baby laundry detergent in India because it is completely free of toxins. It has no parabens, SLS/SLES, optical brighteners, and dyes.
- Owing to being biodegradable, Windmill baby is safe for your family and the environment you live in.
- The fragranced version is also safe. A drop of IFRA certified scent is infused that enhances the freshness of the clothes.
- Other Indian laundry detergent brands are much affordable.
- It may not work well on all types of stains.
9. LuvLap Baby Laundry Liquid Detergent
Life changes with the arrival of a baby. You would want to enjoy the many aspects of parenthood instead of spending your time doing chores such as choosing laundry detergent, right? LuvLap is here to resolve your problem. You can trust on LuvLap Baby Laundry Liquid Detergent since it is at present the best baby laundry detergent in India. The brand aims at manufacturing products keeping the health of the babies in mind. They make sure to adhere to the safety protocols under all circumstances.
LuvLap baby laundry liquid detergent is mild on the baby’s skin but incredibly tough on the stains. It has an advanced cationic softening factor that makes sure to keep the garments ultra-soft and bright. It prevents repositioning of the dirt particles, has excellent pH balance, and environment friendly.
- LuvLap baby laundry liquid detergent is made of plant extracts and does not have toxins.
- It is safe for babies since it does not contain any type of artificial colours.
- LuvLap is known for being antibacterial. The detergent manages to keep your baby’s clothes, sheets, and diapers free from germs.
- LuvLap does not have fluorescence and phosphates like ordinary cleaning solutions. These components enhance colours or create a super whitening effect but irritate the skin.
- The aloe essence used immediately eliminates harmful carcinogenic compounds such as formaldehyde.
- LuvLap laundry detergent can dehydrate your skin if it is excessively sensitive.
10. Pigeon Multifunctional Laundry Detergent
Pigeon Multifunctional Laundry Detergent makes sure to adhere to three principles – clean and brighten, protect colours, and care for the fabrics. The plant extracts it contains provides relief from a wide range of tough stains but do not cause wear and tear.
The brand promotes the healthy development of babies and the happiness of the mothers through constant research and innovative strategies. The laundry care range is specially formulated for cleaning all types of dirt in just one go. The mild fragrance left behind allows the items to feel fresher.
Pigeon multifunctional laundry detergent is believed to be the best baby laundry detergent in India because it can deep clean linen, cotton, chemical fiber, and clothes manufactured from blended materials. The dispensing unit makes the product easy to pour.
- Pigeon multifunctional laundry detergent contains a wide range of ingredients, all of which make it capable of eliminating various stains, including urine, potty, milk, and drool stains.
- It has been powered by bacterial removal components along with hydrolyzed wheat protein, which makes sure the darker colours, hold onto their shine and reduce the chances of wear and tear.
- Pigeon laundry detergent is cent percent safe for the baby. It contains no toxic materials such as phosphorus, fluorescent brighteners, and alcohol.
- The baby laundry detergent can kill harmful germs without any hassle.
- The consistency of Pigeon laundry detergent is extremely watery.
- It is not ideal for washing woolen clothes.
- The quantity is less compared to other baby detergents.
11. Tropical Breeze Eco-friendly Liquid Laundry Detergent
Tropical Breeze 6 in 1 Eco-friendly Liquid Laundry Detergent is a plant-based safe cleaning solution that is safe for not only your baby but your whole family. It is easy on the fabrics and skin but tough on the stains. The coconut-based ingredients create gentle foam and soften the clothes to a great extent. It is not tested on animals and does not contain any type of animal byproducts.
As evident from the name, Tropical Breeze 6 in 1 does not harm the environment in any way. It is made of a cent percent natural ingredients, free from artificial dyes and perfumes, and is biodegradable.
- The mild ingredients can remove the most stubborn stains but do not accumulate on the textiles.
- Tropical Breeze 6 in 1 eco-friendly liquid laundry detergent serves as a fabric conditioner. It softens the clothes to a great extent.
- The detergent is ideal for top and front-load washing machines.
- Tropical Breeze does have a strong fragrance that many may not like.
12. Morisons Baby Dreams Baby Laundry Detergent
Morisons Baby Dreams Baby Laundry Detergent is the best baby laundry detergent in India because it acts as both a disinfectant and softener. The detergent is powered by lime, which can remove germs and works well on stains.
- Long-lasting concentrated formula that can remove all stains.
- It is gentle on the skin.
- Morisons baby dreams detergent is ideal for hand and machine wash.
- The detergent is not readily available.
Buying Guide for Best Baby Laundry Detergent in India
You want the best for your baby, right? You cannot hop into the store and pick a random product. There are several things you need to consider before arriving at a decision. The major ones among the lot include:
Do Not Use Products with Fragrances and Dyes
According to the top-notch medical professionals, it is better to stay away from detergents that have dyes and fragrances since both of them can irritate the vulnerable skin of a baby. The detergents will tell right on the packaging if it is manufactured with chemicals, but, at times, you have to do the digging. Make sure to check the ingredients thoroughly before making the purchase.
Pay Close Attention to Hypoallergenic Quotient
Even though quite rare, a few babies, specifically the ones suffering from eczema and other skin disorders, can have allergic reactions to many of the chemicals used in regular detergent powders. The baby laundry detergents are hypoallergenic, or in other words, they do not trigger allergies. So, they automatically become the right choice.
Always Opt for Liquid
The liquid detergents are much better than powders since they do not stubbornly stick to the clothes and wash away easily. They also do not leave behind any residue, which can cause allergies. Additionally, many reputed pediatricians warned that soap particles could eliminate the flame-resistant properties of the clothes.
FAQs to Buy Baby Laundry Detergent
Almost all modern-day parents have doubts when it comes to choosing the best baby laundry detergent in India. The answers to their most frequently asked questions are as follows:
Is baby detergent really necessary?
A renowned doctor said that babies grow in a womb’s neutral and sterile environment for about nine months. Their skin remains thin and immensely delicate for at least a few years. So, yes, it is necessary to use a detergent made specifically for babies – detergents that would not irritate the skin at any cost.
Should I wash my baby’s clothes separately?
Most of the reputed pediatricians suggest that the baby clothes must be washed separately. The parents need to invest in special baby detergents that leave behind residues and are thus less likely to lead to irritation.
What temperature is appropriate to wash my baby’s clothes?
For the best result, wash all clothes, even your baby’s clothes, at 30c or 40c degrees. This is hot enough to remove dirt or stains in clothes, plus it will also save you money and the environment, win-win!
Although many people do not pay attention, the temperature is something they must consider when washing their baby’s clothes. It is recommended to wash clothes at 30 to 40 degrees Celsius. This will get rid of all kinds of stains or dirt stuck to the clothes, save your money, and not harms the environment. So a win-win situation!
When to stop using a baby detergent?
Of course, you cannot use baby detergent forever. The manufacturers of the best baby laundry detergent in India said it is better to switch to regular detergent when your baby turns one.
However, if your baby is prone to allergies, you must opt for a mild solution that does not use dyes and scents.
If you are planning on making a switch from baby detergents, make sure to conduct a sort of patch test. Wash one portion of your baby’s cloth with a fragrance-free and colour safe detergent. In case you notice any sort of skin reaction, please stick with whatever you are using for a little bit more. Now when choosing detergents, do stay away from the anti-static products and fabric softeners since they have chemicals that trigger allergies.
What are the yellow stains on my baby’s clothes?
Those yellow spots are usually enzymes from diaper blowouts and spit-outs. They tend to linger on for long and are unique to the baby’s clothes only. Also known as baby stains, they would not go away easily. You need to work hard. The baby laundry detergents are specially formulated to work on them. So, make your choice carefully.
How to remove stains from the baby’s clothes?
You can use the best baby laundry detergent in India to remove protein-based stains, urine stains, stains from vegetables and fruits, and baby oil stains. Also, make sure to treat the stains when they are fresh; otherwise, they will be incredibly difficult to remove.
How to wash the cloth diapers?
The cloth diapers must be washed separately from the other clothes. Rinse the dirty diapers immediately in your toilet. You may wish to purchase a diaper spray, which can be hooked to the toilet. Store all the diapers in a plastic trash can or in a large bucket that has a tight lid. You may also use a washable or disposable liner.
Wash the diapers after every three days. At first, do a pre-wash in cold water or soak the diapers overnight. As specified earlier too, do not use detergents that have scents and dyes. Wash them in hot water and rinse them thoroughly twice. Fabric softeners can also irritate a baby’s skin. You may dry the diapers in a dryer.
What must I look for in a baby detergent?
Choosing a baby detergent from the plethora of options readily available can be quite challenging. Although there are plenty of features that you must look for, the major ones among the lot include:
- Plant-based ingredients (not mandatory but recommended since they tend to less harsh on the skin)
What is the price of baby detergents?
The baby laundry detergents cost a tad more than the usual laundry detergents since they are meant to gentle on the skin and powerful on the stains. The price increases if the product is manufactured from organic compounds.
As most babies have extremely sensitive skin, it is best to look out for detergents that claim to be free of dyes, artificial scents, and chemicals. It will also be viable to run the clothes through a wash cycle before putting them on the babies. The clothes in the shops come across so many contaminants.
When choosing the best baby laundry detergent in India, make sure to consider your baby’s requirements, your overall budget, and your lifestyle. Now there is, of course, nothing wrong with using the same detergent that you use for the rest of your family members, but your baby is special, and he/she requires special care.