Unwanted hair growth on your body can rip the confidence out of you. To get rid of that, we often go to the Parlor to get the hair waxed. But the painful scenario leaves us with no other option but to use a razor.
Best Epilators for Women in India: Smooth and Long-lasting Hair Removal Solutions for Silky Skin
How hygienic and safe is the razor use, still unknown to us. Companies have introduced a new hair removal appliance that does not include the use of any chemicals. Also, it can save you from those painful waxing sessions. Let us see some of the best epilators for women in India and how they work.
1. Braun Silk-Epil 3-270 Epilator
Braun Silk-Epil 3-270 Epilator is one of the best epilators for dry as well as wet epilating. With effective epilating and precise performance, it can be considered one of the best epilator for women in India. The needle of 0.5 mm in length is effective enough to trim the shorter of the shortest hair.
If you are tired of waxing, you will simply fall in love with this little appliance which is easier to carry and leaves you with silky smooth skin. The best part is that it produces minimum sound while trimming your toughest hair.
For precision, you can pull your skin while working the appliance. The massage rollers massage the skin and gently stimulate the epilated area to reduce any kind of pain. Being a cordless epilator, it provides efficient battery backup.
Besides the adapting capability of this epilator, it provides excellent epilation to every contour of your body, including difficult areas like the underarm or the knee. This is one of the best buys for every beginner. While epilating with this epilator, you should stay calm to release endorphins, known as the natural painkiller of your body. It also comes with a fully functional shaver that lets you trim as per your wish.
- It lasts up to 40 minutes
- Minutely cleans all the hair
- Has exfoliator and epilator system
- Provides 40% wider epilation
- Bit expensive
2. Philips BRE245/00 Corded Compact Epilator
The Phillips Compact Epilator comes with a comb and shaving head attachment. With more than 1 speed setting, you can control the speed rating of the epilator. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you can change the speed as per your preference.
This epilator will provide you a perfect grip. Since it is waterproof, you can wash the epilator head and maintain the hygiene standard. The warranty period provided by Philips on this product is 2 years.
- Smooth skin without any red bumps
- The long cord provides an advantage of epilating and charging at the same time
- Cannot be used to epilate facial hairs
- Takes a long time to epilate
3. Braun Silk Epil 7-561 Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator
Equipped with the latest close-grip technology, the Braun Silk Epil 7-561 Women’s Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator provides you with the removal of the smallest hairs. Without facing any pain or discomfort, you can use this product, whose result will last you up to 4 to 5 weeks.
Since it is cordless, therefore it is fully waterproof. You can use it wet or dry. The incorporation of smart light technology facilitates the user to have a look at all the hair parts while epilating. The pivoting head contours every part and removes the unwanted hair.
It comes with a shaved head accessory which enables the user to change it into a shaver. You can even use this in any sensitive area. The edge of the epilator provides you the convenience of trimming without the cause of red bumps.
- Pivoting head provides a better reach
- Removes even the smallest hair
- Comes with a lot of attachments
- While wet epilating, it does not provide desired performance
4. Philips Cordless Epilator
The Philips Cordless Epilator provides epilation to the whole body as well as the face. It comes with an extra-wide epilator head and ceramic tweezers. This provides super smooth skin after its application and covers the largest segments with every stroke.
The optical light technology helps the user to track the smallest hair and remove it. You can either use this in the shower or just use it on dry skin.
- Easy to use
- Gives comfort without any rashes
- Can be used for dry as well as wet skin
- A bit expensive
5. Braun Silk-Epil 9-890 Epilator
Now you can indulge in smooth and silky skin with this effortless epilator. Braun Silk-Epil 9-890 Epilator comes with a wide pivoting head for efficient removal. The micro grip tweezer technology consists of 40 tweezers to enhance faster hair removal.
It comes with a bikini styler, which allows you to shave in different shapes and lines or contour. With 100% waterproof and easier to handle, the Braun silk epil 9890 epilator provides lesser pain while epilating, and it’s one of the best epilator for women in India.
This product comes with multiple shaver heads that can be used in different parts of your body as per the need. The additional attachment of trimming and shaving provides Agra fast results. The sensor smart Technology guides the user with the red light and helps educate with the right amount of pressure applied on the skin.
Apart from all these features, the best among all is the high-frequency massage lab. This can help to reduce the excruciating pain and enables you to experience extra gentleness why you are epilating.
- Performs both wet and dry epilating
- Provides gentle shaving with a smooth result
- Removes hair efficiently with micro grip technology
6. Braun SE1170 Silk-Epil 1 Epilator
The Soft lift technology provides easy removal of even the flat-lying hairs. It comes with 20 tweezers alloying the hair as small as 0.5 mm to pluck out efficiently.
The rotating disc blade of the Braun SE 1170 Silk-Epil 1 Epilator provides an efficient performance resulting in smoother skin for 4 weeks at a stretch. You don’t have to wait for hairs to grow long to epilate. The stronger tweezers pull out 3 X short hairs than any of its competitors.
This epilator runs on power, hence providing you with a non-stop hair removing session. The sensitive cap of the epilator provides 1 with a gentle experience. The company has provided two years warranty on this product.
Don’t worry about the power consumption as it has a 12-volt adapter.
- Experience lesser pain
- Regrowth takes a longer time
- Runs on the single speed
- Not advisable to use on the face
- Continuous plugging is desired
7. Philips BRE235/00 Corded Compact Epilator
You can now enjoy the stubble-free silky smooth skin at your home for more than 3 weeks. This is made possible by Philips BRE235/00 Corded Compact Epilator. It comes with 2-speed settings helping you to remove the thicker and the thinner hair at the same.
The ergonomic grip provides the comfort of using an epilator without any hassle. As the head of the epilator can be detached, you can clean it under running water. So no more worries about hygiene issues.
It is manufactured with a delicate cap to easily remove any unwanted hairs from the bikini lines for underarms. This epilator consumes a power of 15 volts.
It has a special tweezers disc which decreases the pain during epilation.
- Provides better grip while epilating
- Insurers cleaning function
- Provides hygiene
- Comes with 2-speed settings
- Needs constant power to operate
8. Braun Face 810 Facial Epilator
You can use the Braun Face 810 Facial Epilators as a cleaning brush too. It helps to epilate the finest hair and provides deep cleansing of the pore with the brush. It beautifully cleans the skin inside and out.
The ten micro-opening present on this face epilator helps to capture the finest ear of 0.02 mm. It consists of 10 tweezers to do this impossible task. Now you don’t have to wait for hair growth as this high-frequency plaquing will pull even the smallest of the hair.
You can use this epilator to maintain your chin, upper lips, forehead and even shape up your eyebrows. This facial epilator has been manufactured with a two-directional switch which helps the user epilate on both sides of their face.
The cleaning brush comes with a micro oscillating processor, which helps the brush to oscillate and loosen up impurities from the face. This is a boon for people with sensitive skin as it effectively cleanses the skin with hundred oscillations per minute.
For hygiene purposes, you have to renew the brush after every three months.
- Battery operated
- Smooth skin up to 4 weeks
- Deep pore cleaning
- Can be used on wet skin
- Can be used only on the face
- Ideal for women
Buying Guide for Best Epilator for Women in India
In this busy world, it becomes difficult for us to take some extra time out from the fixed and programmed schedule. Women out there need to maintain and pamper themselves without compromising on anything. But the hike in price leaves some of them with no options for maintenance other than in those difficult waxing sessions. The launch of these epilators gives you a painless and easy solution to all your worries.
As you have known some of the best epilators for women in India now is the time that you know their types, how they are used, and what you need to look for before purchasing them.
Spring Epilators: This type of epilator has a coil spring. It is placed above the unwanted hair with the bow shape incorporated into the curvature of its body. When the machine switches on, the spring starts to rotate. It helps to catch the hair in the spring and pull it out from its follicles.
The only disadvantage of using a spring epilator is that you will have to open up to the device to clean the collected here. Also, it will not come up to their expectations for women with heavier hair growth as the mechanism will leave out several hairs giving them a prickly surface.
Rotating Disk Epilators: These are the advanced versions of the spring epilators. With the change in their speeding technique, this innovated epilator has been incorporated with the disc instead of a coil, unlike the spring epilators. The disc helps to pull out the hair giving you a much smoother experience than the previous version.
Tweezer Epilators: Tweezer epilators are the recent version. These abilities provide the user with the advantage of the pivoting head. The pivoting head function of tweezers epilators works the tiny tweezers present in the epilator and removes all unwanted hair without causing much pain.
Features to consider while buying
Several features are packed in an epilator. After going through the list of some of the best epilators for women in India, you should look for these features in your epilator to have the best budget buy.
Cordless vs. Corded
Without the need for plugging, cordless epilators can be used with only batteries which are rechargeable. It is easier to carry and can also be used in the shower. But you need to charge them for operating it.
A corded epilator runs only when you plug it. It is great because you don’t need to charge them, and the power of these epilators never dies. At the same time, it might be a little annoying to manage the cord while you are working your epilators on the skin. It is challenging to manage during shower time. Before indulging, understand your preference and then choose the product.
Wet and Dry operations
Some of the epilators have dual functionality, which means they can work in dry environments as well as wet environments. You can use these during bathing times. This kind of epilator works even when you put moisturizer on your skin while epilating. It eases the pain. As it works in a wet environment, it is waterproof and does not contain a cord. They can be recharged or run on batteries.
People who do not want to experience pain at all can go for epilators with wet operations, whereas if you want to maximize the speed of your work, you can buy epilators with the dry operation. Some companies manufactured epilators that can handle both operations.
Nowadays, you will find most of the epilators having both functions in one appliance.
Check the versatility of your epilator before you indulge in one. These attachments are known as the heads. It increases the functionality of how and where you use the epilator. For example, epilating your pubic hair will need special care than epilating the cuff muscles of your leg. But epilators with several heads will help you eliminate your unwanted growth with minimum pain per different body parts.
The budget of the epilator depends on the branding and the versatility of its function. It ranges from Rs. 2K to around Rs. 10K. While investing your money in this utility appliance, you should consider the reliability and the types of heads that it offers.
Warranty is equivalent to the quality of the product, so if your product comes with a higher warranty, no doubt your product is a good quality product. Before buying, always check for the warranty period. Apart from that, you should always check for the customer services of your product if it needs some kind of replacement or repair.
Some epilators produce a lot of sound while operating. You certainly don’t want to let your neighbors know that you are epilating. For this reason, you should check whether your appliance makes sounds or not while running.
A clean epilator will last longer than you have apprehended. However, a good epilator has washable technology. It can clean out all the debris after its usage. Also, it helps to maintain the hygiene standard.
Not every part of your body has the same skin texture. Different textures require a different kind of speed range. For this purpose, look for epilators that come with dual speed settings. The low speed will help you build your sensitive skins, whereas high speed will epilate hands or legs faster.
Number of tweezers
The treasures are the most crucial part of the epilator. This helps to pluck out the hair from the follicles. Epilator, which has a higher number of tweezers, gives you efficient hair removal. It works faster than epilators, with the lower number of tweezers deviating you from the painful experience.
Some of the tips that would give you a pain-free epilation
- Avoid long hairs: While epilating, you must always avoid longer hairs. It is not at all a good idea to epilate them as you might experience excruciating pain. You can at least trim down the hair and then start epilating.
- Avoid cream: In the area, you want to epilate, avoid using the cream on the skin of that area as the cream will provide smooth skin. The smoothness of the skin will provide inefficient functioning of the epilator. The tweezers of the epilator will glide and not give you the best result.
- Bath and start: It is recommended that you take a bath before you start epilating your skin here. The gentle exfoliation will result in hair pores opening up, leaving you with a painless epilating session.
- Epilating after a warm bath will give you minimum pain as the hair will become softer. Once you are done, you can wash with water and pat it dry.
- Massage: There are certain regions where our skin is sensitive. If you feel any kind of discomfort in those regions, it is recommended that you massage gently to ease away the discomfort.
- Pull the skin: While epilating, pay attention to your skin and provide a tight and flat surface to your epilator. This will ensure quicker movements. Whenever you feel the skin is softer, pull out with one hand and make it tighter to experience lesser pain. For example, when you are epilating your thighs or armpit area, the skin of that part is a bit saggy. You need to pull the skin to make it tighten up and capture as much hair as possible.
- Avoid goosebumps: Epilate your skin when it is warm. If one is prone to goosebumps, it becomes difficult too late. As in Goosebumps situation, the epilator becomes inefficient to pull hairs from the root. Also, while epilating, if there are any occurrence of goosebumps, then the hair is pulled out midway resulting in faster and stubble hair growth.
- Avoid caffeine: Caffeine acts as a stimulant. When it is present in the body, it causes a lot of pain. If you take coffee or soda, wait for 6 to 8 hours to let the caffeine exit your body. However, this works differently for each person. But one thing for sure without the intake of caffeine, you will experience a smooth and painless epilating session.
Steps to get your body hair removed easily
It is a big task to use an epilator. Before you epilate, here are some of the steps to get your body hair removed easily and quickly without any pain or hassle.
- Step 1: After you get hold of the best epilator that suits your skin and provides you with the optimum result you need, start epilating 24 hours before your function. This will help to decide skin irritation or rashes if any.
- Step 2: Scrubbing and exfoliation provide a soft surface for ability. It helps to eliminate the problems of any ingrown hair. Simultaneously, exfoliation removes the dead skins and lifts the hair to maximize the effectiveness of ability. Taking a warm shower is recommended. Most of the epilator comes with a guide on how to apply it on your skin before epilating read the guide.
- Step 3: Get the best position and glide it onto your skin. That tweezers of the epilator will remove the unwanted here from its follicles. Grip the machine in such a way that it does not fall off your hand and hurt you. Do not press hard on the skin as it will cause your skin to damage.
- Step 4: You have two choices either to dry epilate or go for wet epilation. While going for the former one, you need to pat yourself dry and then follow the above steps. However, wet epilation will provide you with smoother skin in exchange for lesser pain. The choice is entirely yours.
- Step 5: It is vital to hold your skin while epilating. This will prevent you from plucking in pain or experiencing a pinch on your skin.
- Step 6: After you are done epilating, wash the area with warm water and apply body cream or moisturizer to ease the pain or discomfort. It will also result in butter-smooth skin.
FAQs to Buy Epilator for Women in India
Can you epilate pubic hairs?
Unlike waxing or using razors, epilators are safe for pubic hairs. It is the best fit for people having sensitive skin. Generally, if you use a razor or wax on sensitive skin, it might cause rashes or irritations.
Since the pubic region is a susceptible area, you will experience a lot of pain but only for the first time.
How much time do you need to epilate your full body?
Depending on the growth of your body hairs, you will take time to epilate. Generally, epilating both the hands and legs with medium growth of hair will take near about 1 to 1.5 hours.
Also, the type of epilator you are using will directly impact the time needed to epilate. For instance, if you are using a cordless epilator that runs on a battery, it will take you more time than the corded epilator.
For different people, the epilating time is different. As everyone has different body hair growth, therefore the device will act accordingly for each one.
Can you epilate your facial hairs?
Epilating your face will depend on your gender. Men should be careful while trying to epilate their faces. Since facial hair, including beards and mustaches, are very coarse and firmly rooted, it will hurt you like anything. For women, if you are a new user, it will hurt you for the first one or two sessions, but once you are used to the appliance, you will be great to go.
Also, the pain of epilation on your face depends on the region of face you are epilating. If you are having acne-prone skin or any breakouts on your skin, refrain from using the epilator on that area.
Like razors, will epilating produce stiff hair growth in the next session?
It is a myth that using a razor will produce stiff hair in the next cycle of hair growth. While speaking about epilating, you can be sure that epilation won’t produce any stiff or coarse hair.
When you approve the hair from its follicles, it produces thin textured hair due to the damage caused.
Does epilation reduce hair growth?
Once the hair has been uprooted from its follicles, the follicles get damaged. This stunts the growth frequency of the hair after using the epilator. When the hair regrows again, they are much easier to manage because of their thin texture. Thus it would be correct to say that epilation elongates the time of hair growth.
Which is recommended: dry skin epilation or wet skin epilation?
If you are running out of time, you are recommended to use dry skin epilation. The outcome will be similar in both cases. The only difference is in the time taken to epilate.
Before going for a bath, you can use dry epilation. After you are done with the process, remember to check the temperature of the water as the temperature will help your sweat pores to either open or close. The efficiency of your epilator will depend on the temperature of the water. Also, you can try epilating after bathing.
If you want to go for wet epilation, you should have patience. Wet epilation takes a longer time to remove the hair, and it is less painful. The hair follicles suffer less harm during the wet epilation.
How often should you epilate?
Women should epilate other than using reason for the wax to achieve smoother skin. To prevent the harmful effects of epilation, you must take care of how frequently you are indulging in epilation. It should depend on the growth cycle of the hair of your body. Also, the part you are epilating should determine the number of times you are going for epilation.
The best is to epilate once every 2 to 3 weeks. This might result in tiny hairs popping up the perfect smoothness, but it is safe for your skin. In the case of underarms, you are recommended to epilate once a week.
For the face area, the frequency of an epilation will depend on your gender. The masculine gender needs to epilate frequently due to their faster hair growth rate; the feminine gender needs to go slow in terms of frequency on their face.
For the pubic region, it is recommended that you epilate once a week, depending on your skin type.
How long does epilation last?
When you epilate your body hairs, it removes the unwanted growth from its follicles. This helps to provide you with smooth skin for a longer duration. While waxing, the tiniest hair goes unattended. Therefore epilation provides smooth skin for a longer period than waxing or any other method of hair removal.
Every woman has different tastes and preferences. There is no particular product that can be saved that is the best. As per your requirement and your budget, you can decide which one will be the best and perfect epilator for you.
Going through the guide and the list of products will help you to find your suitable epilator. Even you must be concerned about the fact that buying the cheapest epilator will result in a compromising situation with your skin. Not only that being a reason, but it can also give you quality or longevity issues.
Hence choosing your best skin removal appliance is a heavy responsibility. But once you get to know the best one, it will save you from recurring painful waxing sessions and, at the same time, get you smooth skin for the next four weeks.