Cooking is an art that requires the right tools and equipment. In today’s fast-paced world, every minute counts, and so does the efficiency of the kitchen appliances we use. One such appliance that has gained immense popularity in recent years is the induction cooktop. An induction cooktop is a smart and efficient alternative to traditional gas stoves. It uses magnetic induction to heat the cookware directly, making it a safer and more energy-efficient option.
Best Induction Cooktops in India: Efficient and Stylish Cooking Solutions for Modern Kitchens
If you’re planning to switch to an induction cooktop, you’re in the right place. In this blog, we’ll explore the best induction cooktops available in India that offer excellent features, performance, and value for money. From compact designs to advanced features like touch controls and auto shut-off, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and explore the top induction cooktops that will make cooking a breeze.
The Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop is an impressive appliance that has gained a lot of popularity in India for its stylish design, efficient performance, and safety features. This induction cooktop comes with a push-button control panel and a crystal glass plate that is easy to clean and maintain. With its 2100-Watt power, it can cook your food in a jiffy, making it an excellent option for people who are always on the go.
- The Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop is energy-efficient, which means it consumes less power than traditional gas stoves.
- The induction cooktop comes with an auto-off feature that turns off the appliance if it detects an empty vessel or if the temperature is too high, making it safer to use.
- It has six pre-set cooking menus that allow you to cook a variety of dishes like roti, dosa, gravy, slow cook, pressure cook, and saute, making it versatile.
- The push-button control panel is easy to operate and allows you to adjust the temperature and cooking time with ease.
- The crystal glass plate is scratch-resistant and easy to clean, making it ideal for everyday use.
- The induction cooktop is a bit noisy when in operation, which can be a bit of a nuisance.
- It doesn’t come with a built-in timer, so you’ll have to rely on an external timer or your phone to keep track of the cooking time.
- It may not work with all types of cookware, so you’ll have to check if your existing cookware is compatible with an induction cooktop or buy new ones.
Overall, the Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop is an excellent appliance that provides efficient cooking and convenience, making it a great addition to any modern kitchen. Its sleek design, easy-to-use push-button control panel, and safety features make it a popular choice among customers in India. However, its noise level, lack of a built-in timer, and compatibility issues with some cookware can be minor drawbacks. If you’re in the market for an induction cooktop, the Philips Viva Collection HD4928/01 2100-Watt Induction Cooktop is definitely worth considering.
The Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop is a sleek and stylish kitchen appliance designed to make cooking a breeze. It features a 1600 watt power consumption and advanced features like the Automatic Voltage Regulator and Aerodynamic Cooling System. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of this product.
- The Prestige PIC 20 is incredibly easy to use. It comes with push-button controls that allow you to adjust the temperature and cooking time with ease.
- The cooktop features a power-saving technology that helps reduce energy consumption while cooking, making it an eco-friendly option for your kitchen.
- The Automatic Voltage Regulator ensures that the cooktop can withstand voltage fluctuations and power surges, making it durable and long-lasting.
- The Prestige PIC 20 comes with a built-in safety feature that automatically shuts off the cooktop after 1 minute of inactivity, reducing the risk of accidents in the kitchen.
- The cooktop features an Aerodynamic Cooling System that ensures efficient heat dissipation, keeping the cooktop cool even during prolonged use.
- The Prestige PIC 20 does not come with a timer or preset cooking functions, which can be inconvenient for some users.
- The cooktop’s surface is prone to scratches and may require careful handling to maintain its pristine appearance.
- The cooktop may emit a faint buzzing sound during use, which can be distracting for some users.
- The Prestige PIC 20 is designed for use with flat-bottomed cookware only, which can limit your cooking options if you have cookware with uneven or curved bottoms.
In conclusion, the Prestige PIC 20 Induction Cooktop is a reliable and efficient kitchen appliance that is perfect for those looking for an easy-to-use and eco-friendly option. It comes with several advanced features that ensure safe and efficient cooking, making it a great addition to any modern kitchen. However, it may not be suitable for those who require a timer or preset cooking functions and those who frequently use cookware with uneven or curved bottoms.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800 watt Induction Cooktop (Black) is a sleek and efficient cooking appliance that has been designed to cater to the needs of modern Indian kitchens. The cooktop boasts a range of impressive features that make cooking a breeze, including a high-powered 1800 watt heating element, seven preset cooking menus, and an easy-to-use touch control panel. Additionally, its compact and lightweight design makes it a perfect fit for small kitchens or those with limited counter space.
- The Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop is incredibly easy to use, thanks to its simple touch control panel that allows you to adjust the temperature and cooking time with ease.
- The cooktop comes equipped with seven preset cooking menus that are designed to simplify the cooking process for a range of popular dishes, such as dosa, chapati, and curry.
- With its powerful 1800 watt heating element, the cooktop can heat up quickly and maintain a consistent temperature, allowing you to cook your favorite dishes quickly and efficiently.
- The appliance has been designed with safety in mind, with features such as a high-temperature warning and automatic shut-off function that helps prevent accidents in the kitchen.
- The Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise Induction Cooktop is incredibly portable and lightweight, making it perfect for small kitchens or those with limited counter space.
- The appliance has a limited range of temperature settings, which may be a drawback for those who require precise temperature control for their cooking.
- Some users have reported that the touch control panel can be difficult to use, particularly when their hands are wet or greasy.
- The cooktop may not be suitable for those who prefer to cook using traditional cookware, as it requires induction-compatible pots and pans.
In conclusion, the Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800 watt Induction Cooktop is a great option for those looking for an affordable and efficient cooking appliance. It offers a range of useful features that make cooking a breeze, and its compact and lightweight design makes it ideal for small kitchens or those with limited counter space. However, it may not be suitable for those who require precise temperature control or prefer to cook using traditional cookware. Overall, it’s a solid choice for anyone looking for a reliable and convenient induction cooktop.
The iBELL 10YO Induction Cooktop is a great addition to any modern kitchen. This 2000W induction cooktop is packed with features that make cooking easy and efficient. It is also BIS certified, which ensures that the product meets high quality and safety standards. Here is a detailed review of the iBELL 10YO Induction Cooktop:
- The cooktop has a sleek and stylish design that will look great in any kitchen.
- The 2000W power output ensures that cooking is quick and efficient.
- The cooktop comes with an auto shut-off feature that prevents the cooktop from overheating and ensures that it switches off when not in use.
- The cooktop has a 4-digit LED display that shows the temperature and cooking time, making it easy to monitor the cooking process.
- The cooktop is easy to clean and maintain, thanks to its smooth surface and lack of crevices.
- The cooktop can be a bit noisy when in use, which can be a bit of a nuisance.
- Some users have reported that the temperature settings can be a bit finicky, making it difficult to get the desired cooking temperature.
Overall, the iBELL 10YO Induction Cooktop is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality and efficient cooktop. Its sleek design, powerful performance, and safety features make it a great investment for any kitchen. While it may be slightly more expensive than some other models, its features and quality more than make up for the extra cost.
The Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Cooktop is a popular choice among Indian households. It comes with a compact design and user-friendly features, making it easy to use and maintain. This cooktop has a single cooking zone and offers a power output of 1600 watts. In this review, we will discuss the pros and cons of the Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Cooktop.
- Compact design: The Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Cooktop comes in a compact design, which makes it easy to store and use in small kitchens or apartments.
- Easy to use: This induction cooktop is user-friendly and easy to operate. It comes with a push-button control panel, which allows you to adjust the temperature and cooking time according to your preference.
- Energy-efficient: The Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Cooktop is energy-efficient, which means it can help you save on your electricity bills. It also heats up faster than traditional gas stoves, which saves you time.
- Easy to clean: The cooktop is made of a ceramic surface, which is easy to clean and maintain. You can simply wipe it with a damp cloth to remove any spills or stains.
- No indicator showing whether the kitchen appliance is on or off.
In conclusion, the Usha Cook Joy (3616) Induction Cooktop is a good option for those who are looking for a compact, easy-to-use, and energy-efficient cooktop.
The Havells Alloy Steel Insta Cook PT is a 1600-watt induction cooktop that comes in assorted colors. It is a compact and portable appliance that is ideal for small families or bachelors. The cooktop is designed with a variety of features that make cooking easy and convenient. Here’s a detailed review of the Havells Alloy Steel Insta Cook PT 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop, with pros and cons listed in bullet points.
- The cooktop features six different cooking modes, including pressure cook, sauté, fry, boil, milk, and soup. This makes it versatile and perfect for cooking a range of dishes.
- The appliance is made with high-quality alloy steel that is durable and long-lasting. The body is also designed to dissipate heat quickly, which helps in efficient cooking and prevents overheating.
- The Insta Cook PT has a digital LED display that shows the temperature and cooking time, making it easy to monitor the progress of the dish.
- The cooktop comes with a 1.2-meter cord that provides ample flexibility to move it around the kitchen countertop.
- The appliance is equipped with an automatic shut-off feature that switches off the device if it detects overheating, which makes it safe to use.
- The cooktop has only one cooking zone, which may not be suitable for larger families or those who need to cook multiple dishes simultaneously.
- The device is not compatible with all types of cookware, so you may need to buy new cookware that is compatible with the cooktop.
- The Insta Cook PT does not have a child lock feature, which may be a concern for families with young children.
- The cooktop makes a buzzing sound while in operation, which may be distracting or annoying to some users.
In conclusion, the Havells Alloy Steel Insta Cook PT 1600-Watt Induction Cooktop is a versatile and efficient appliance that is perfect for small families or bachelors. It comes with a range of features that make cooking easy and convenient. However, it has a few drawbacks, such as the absence of a child lock feature and the need to use compatible cookware. Despite these minor drawbacks, the Insta Cook PT is an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and efficient induction cooktop.
If you’re looking for a reliable induction cooktop, the Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 1400W Induction Cooktop is a great option. With advanced features like pan sensor technology and voltage protection technology, this cooktop is designed to make cooking faster, easier, and safer. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the pros and cons of the Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 and help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
- Pan Sensor Technology: One of the standout features of this induction cooktop is its pan sensor technology, which ensures that the cooktop only heats up when it senses the presence of a compatible cookware. This means that there’s no chance of accidentally burning yourself or damaging the cooktop by leaving it on with no cookware on top.
- Voltage Protection Technology: The Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 also has voltage protection technology, which protects the cooktop from voltage fluctuations and power surges. This feature ensures that your cooktop is safe from electrical damage and will last longer.
- Multiple Cooking Modes: This cooktop comes with a variety of cooking modes, including boiling, frying, and simmering. This allows you to prepare a wide range of dishes, from simple boiled eggs to complex curries.
- Sleek Design: The Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 has a sleek and modern design, making it a stylish addition to any kitchen. The cooktop is made of high-quality materials, including a durable ceramic plate that’s easy to clean.
- Easy to Use: This cooktop is very easy to use, with simple touch controls that allow you to adjust the temperature and cooking mode quickly and easily.
- Limited Temperature Range: One of the downsides of this cooktop is that it has a limited temperature range. It can only reach a maximum temperature of 240 degrees Celsius, which may not be hot enough for some types of cooking.
- No Timer: The Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 does not have a built-in timer, which can be inconvenient if you’re used to relying on a timer to help you keep track of cooking times.
- No Child Lock: This cooktop does not have a child lock feature, which could be a concern for families with young children.
Overall, the Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 1400W Induction Cooktop is a reliable and high-quality appliance that offers advanced features like pan sensor technology and voltage protection technology. While it may have some limitations, such as a limited temperature range and lack of a timer, it’s still a great choice for anyone looking for an induction cooktop that’s easy to use and built to last. If you’re in the market for a new induction cooktop, the Bajaj Majesty Icx-3 is definitely worth considering.
Buying Guide for Best Induction Cooktop in India
Induction cooktops have become a popular kitchen appliance in India due to their energy-saving technology and faster cooking. However, before buying one, it is important to consider certain features to make the best choice.
Size of the Cooking Worktop
When choosing an induction cooktop, the size of the cooking worktop is an important factor to consider. Consider the number of family members and whether you will be cooking for a small or large family. For larger families, a cooktop with a broad worktop is recommended.
To prevent overheating, it is important to choose an induction cooktop with an automatic switch-off mode. This feature automatically switches off the operation when the cooktop is not in use for a long time.
Automatic Pan Detection
Most good quality induction cooktops come with an auto-pan detection feature, which detects the presence of a pan on the heating surface and turns off the operation when incompatible pots or pans are placed on the surface.
Touch Control Panel
A touch control panel is recommended over a control knob as it is user-friendly and safe. It is also easy to clean and prevents liquids from entering the panel.
Power and Energy of the Cooktop
The power rate of the induction cooktop is an important consideration when looking for a faster cooking experience. A higher efficiency power rate allows for quicker cooking but may cost more. It is recommended to choose a cooktop with a power rate not less than 1600 W.
Different Preset Menu
A cooktop with different preset menus is helpful as it allows for customized temperature settings for different dishes. An advanced induction cooktop also adjusts temperature automatically for perfectly cooked food.
Safety features such as aerodynamic cooling system, high-grade electrical mechanism, and inbuilt technology to detect overheating of the pan are important to consider when choosing an induction cooktop.
Weight and Portability
A portable induction cooktop provides convenience to work anywhere, making it a good choice for those who want to cook on the go.
Regarding design, it is important to consider the ease of cleaning and maintenance. A frame-design cooktop may collect dirt in frame spaces, while an edgeless design may be more likely to crack or break.
An inbuilt digital timer with a range of 1 minute to 170 minutes is a helpful feature to have in an induction cooktop.
Some induction cooktops also have a warming feature that allows food to be warmed up without cooking it, making it a good feature to consider.
FAQs on Buying an Induction Cooktop in India
If you’re considering purchasing an induction cooktop, you may have a few questions before making your final decision. Here are some frequently asked questions to help you make an informed purchase.
Is cooking on an induction cooktop safe and healthy?
Yes, research studies have shown that induction cooking is safe for our health. Additionally, a good quality induction cooktop can retain nutrients and lock them into the food.
Why switch to an induction cooktop?
Compared to traditional gas-stove ovens, induction cooktops offer flameless and sweatless cooking, are faster, lightweight, and compact. They are energy-efficient, safe to operate, and require easy maintenance.
Does an induction cooktop consume more electricity?
No, an induction cooktop is usually more energy-efficient than a gas oven, with approximately 85 to 90% of energy being used for cooking.
What is the power consumption of an induction cooktop?
An advanced induction cooktop can efficiently consume an average power between 1600 watts to 2200 watts.
Are there any drawbacks to using an induction cooktop?
The major drawback of an induction cooktop is that not all types of utensils are compatible with induction cooking, such as aluminum and copper. Additionally, you need utensils with a flat base.
What types of utensils are compatible with cooking on an induction cooktop?
Induction cooktops work with electromagnetic induction technology and are compatible with iron and steel utensils. Always use utensils with a flat base to ensure even heating and faster cooking.
What are the best induction cooktop brands in India?
Trustworthy brands like Philips, Pigeon, Bajaj, and Prestige are popular in the Indian market.
Is an induction cooktop suitable for cooking Indian food?
Yes, you can use an induction cooktop to cook Indian dishes without any hesitation, from chapatis to idlis, curries to deep-fries.
How long will an induction cooktop last?
An induction cooktop can operate up to 10 hours every day for a year, which means it will last for almost 2500 hours on average.
How much weight can an induction cooktop hold?
An induction cooktop can hold a maximum of 50 lbs weight on the cooking top.
How fast can water be boiled on an induction cooktop?
Water can be boiled within 5 minutes using an induction cooktop, which is faster than a gas or electric stove.
Can food be cooked faster on an induction cooktop than on a gas stove?
Yes, induction cooktops use electromagnetic induction technology that ensures faster cooking with temperature controlling potentiality. They can manage roughly 85% of energy compared to a gas stove, which can only manage 38% of the energy.
Induction cooking has become popular as it offers fast, healthy, and easy cooking. Induction cooktops use electromagnetic induction technology that is efficient and cost-effective. They are easy to use and clean, making them a great option for anyone looking for a low-budget and sweat-free cooking experience. Consider the buying guide and our list of the best induction cooktops in India to help you make an informed purchase.