Nowadays, people cannot live without any gadgets. We require a smartphone for our daily life. But what if you can get all the features of a smartphone and a laptop combined on a larger screen that is easier to carry around? This is when the tablet comes into the picture. Both android and OS have come out with excellent tablets for the customers to use. There are different types of tablets available in the market, and customers can choose accordingly.
Best Tablets in India: Versatile Devices for Productivity, Entertainment, and Portability
There are various tablets designed for work and others designed mainly for entertainment purposes such as gaming, watching videos, etc. In the article below, we have discussed some of the best tablets in India, along with the pros and cons. This way, users can choose the right type of product. Let us now discuss some of the best tablets in India and the pros and cons.
1. Apple iPad Air (10.5-inch
The Apple iPad Air is a great product manufactured by the brand. People who do not have the budget for an iPad Pro but want the features should opt for iPad Air.
This product has a sleek and light design, which makes it easier to carry everywhere. It can also run some of the most powerful apps without any problem and delivers an excellent performance. The immersive display with stunning colour makes it easy to read in any light.
With the smart keyboard, you do not need to pair or connect but type with ease.
- Priced lower than iPad Pro, but the iPad Air provides the customers with the best features.
- A12 Bionic chip makes it easier for the tablet to work without any problem. It also helps the product run some of the most powerful apps.
- It comes with an 8 MP back camera and 7 MP Facetime HD front camera that will take some of the best pictures.
- This device has a touch ID fingerprint sensor and Apple Pay.
- The 10.5 inches screen with retina display and true tone, and wide colour makes it easier for the users to view videos and photographs.
- The stereo speakers, along with the brilliant display, provides the users with a cinematic experience,
- Those who use this product for gaming purposes will face certain issue as it tends to heat up quickly.
2. Apple iPad (10.2-inch)
The New Apple iPad has a wide range of capabilities and versatility. With this iPad, you can get all your work done in a hustle but without any hassle. You can easily indulge in multitasking, such as making a facetime call to someone, searching the web, and editing a document all at the same time.
Suppose you want to use this device instead of a laptop when inserting a Smart Keyboard for comfortable typing. And in case you need to do more precise work, then use the trackpad.
- The iPad comes with a 10.2 inches retina display and amazing stereo speaker making it a great choice to get a home theatre-like feel.
- This iPad also has a one-year apple TV subscription available,
- Easily carry this product everywhere as it weighs only 495 grams.
- Browse the internet or use this tablet for up to 10 hours at a stretch.
- IPad also comes with fast Wi-Fi and Gigabit Class LTE. This way, you can browse the internet, download books, and do more with ease.
- The product comes with an 8 MP primary camera and 1.2 MP Facetime HD front camera to take some of the best pictures.
- iPad that comes in a 32 GB variant will only provide the customers with 15 GB to use. Hence those who have the budget should upgrade for a 128 GB variant.
3. Apple iPad Pro (11-inch)
The second-generation iPad Pro is a great product manufactured by Apple. It comes with amazing specifications and, for the price point, provides the customer with immense features. The speed of the New Apple iPad Pro is so fast that most laptops fail to keep up. You have the option to use the product with a trackpad, and the Magic keyboard is coming soon. You can get the tablet in 11-inch variation or 12.9 inches.
Having a large screen makes it easier for users to browse and enjoy various videos and movies. It has an all-screen liquid retina display along with ProMotion and True Tone, P3 Wide colour, 600 Nits brightness.
- The A12Z bionic chip and eight-core graphics can outpace most of the laptops available in the market. Power through work and games easily.
- LIDAR scanner is available for enhanced AR, and you have the option to shoot and edit 4k videos.
- Compared to other tablets, the 12MP wide and 10 MP ultrawide camera captures amazing pictures, and the front camera of 7 MP can be used to take great self-portraits.
- The tablet has up to 10 hours of battery backup to use throughout the day.
- It has faster Wi-Fi and a 4G LTE option available.
- The iPad Pro is known for having a good battery life, but it can take up to 6 hours for the device to charge completely.
4. Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
When we talk about the luxury brand for tablets, phones, or computers, all of us think about Apple. The New iPad Pro is a tablet that comes with some of the best features. Although it is priced higher than most tablets in the market, it comes with great specifications.
The iPad Pro is known to give better performance than laptops, and people have started to switch. It has an all-screen liquid retina display with ProMotion and True Tone that makes everything look magical.
- When it comes to display, the iPad Pro comes with a 12.9-inch edge-to-edge liquid retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide colour.
- The primary camera is of 12 MP wide camera and 10 MP ultra-wide camera with LIDAR Scanner. The front camera consists of 7 MP and captures some of the best pictures.
- It has a battery life of 10 hours, making it great for watching movies and videos and also for work.
- You will also get four-speaker audio and five studio-quality microphones.
- The A12Z Bionic chip can outpace most of the PCs available in the market. The speed makes it a great choice for video streaming or gaming.
- This product does not have a sim slot. Due to this, people cannot insert a sim, and the calling facility is not available.
5. Apple iPad Mini (7.9-inch)
Those who don’t have the space to carry a full-sized tablet should opt for The Apple iPad Mini. The thin and lightweight design makes the device easier to carry around without any problem. It has a 10-hour battery life making it a great product to use for work and leisure.
The iPad mini is known for its brilliant performance and can run some of the most powerful apps. The stunning colour and easy reading in any light make it great for watching videos or reading a book.
- The 7.9-inch screen makes it big enough to enjoy videos and do the work and also small enough to carry everywhere.
- A12 Bionic chip present in the tablet helps the product run some powerful applications easily.
- It comes with a Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
- The battery of the iPad can last up to 10 hours which makes it perfect for the users to use for work or leisure.
- iPad Mini comes with a huge battery that charges fast and can last the whole day.
- The device has a problem with heating up when charging or playing.
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1 inch)
Having a tablet that comes with a big screen is great. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A comes with a 10.1-inch screen, making it a great device to browse videos and movies. But this product does not support the calling feature; hence it cannot be used as a substitute for smartphones. But it does come with a Wi-Fi connection.
When it comes to Samsung, the display is always amazing. This tablet falls under an average price range and will help you get all the work done efficiently.
- The tablet comes with a 6150 mAH battery and, with moderate usage, can last the entire day. It is a potent battery and can last up to 12 to 15 hours when it comes to entertainment purposes.
- This device has great performance. It comes with 2 GB RAM, and an octa-core powered processor, and a 32 GB internal space. For this reason, you will not run out of space and can store lots of data on the tablet.
- It consists of an 8 MP primary camera and a 5 MP front camera that takes decent photographs.
- Users have the option to expand the memory up to 512 GB which normally comes with 32 GB internal storage.
- The customers cannot insert a sim into this tablet. The mid-priced tablet does not come with a sim facility, making it impossible for users to place a call.
7. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (10.4 inch)
Over the years, Samsung has become one of the leading technology brands all over the world. The Korean company is known for producing some of the best mobiles, tablets, computers, and other electronic gadgets.
If you are a student and looking for a stylish yet useful tablet, then Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is the best choice.
This tab comes with useful editing tools and an S Pen, which feels like a real pen. The LTE model will help you stay connected wherever you are. The extended battery backup of this tablet makes it one of the most popular devices among users.
- This tablet comes with a 10.4 inches screen and a resolution of 2000 x 1200 pixel resolution. It also has a 16M colour support.
- It has a primary camera of 8MP and a secondary camera of 5 MP.
- Dual speakers with Dolby atmos make it an excellent product for watching videos.
- A 7040 mAH lithium-ion battery provides the device with long battery life.
- Customers have the option to expand the memory of this product up to 1 TB. Its internal storage capacity is 64 GB.
- The 4GB RAM helps the tablet to multitask effortlessly.
- This tablet takes a long time to charge fully due to its massive battery.
- The touch sensor of this tablet is not the best, and one has to use an S pen to get the work done.
8. HUAWEI MediaPad T5 Tablet (10.1 inch)
HUAWEI is a famous brand that manufactures some of the best gadgets available in the market. The HUAWEI MediaPad T5 Tablet comes with a 10.1-inch display along with 1920 x 1200 resolution. For this reason, it delivers some of the best displays. It also has an aspect ratio of 16:10, making it a great tablet to browse movies and TV shows.
The dual speaker feature is fantastic as it produces excellent sound. The users can carry this product everywhere as it is thin and sleek in design, making it easily portable.
- The HUAWEI MediaPad T5 tablet comes with a 10.1 inches display, making it a great product to watch videos and movies.
- HUAWEI Histen audio technology makes 360° soundscape expansion providing the users with a cinematic experience.
- The eye-catching, stylish, and sleek design of the tablet makes it a favourite among many.
- The product is lightweight, about 460g, and one can carry it anywhere one wants.
- It features an octa-core processor along with a 2.36 GHz frequency making the product a favourite.
- Users can expand the memory up to 256 GB and store a lot of data.
- The volume and power button are placed differently in this product. This makes it difficult for the users to use the tablet.
- The touch response is slower than other tablets in the market.
9. Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus Tablet (10.3-inch)
Lenovo is one of the top technology companies in the world. The company has its headquarters situated in Beijing. Lenovo is also known for its personal computers, smartphones, workstations, tablets, etc. Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus Tablet is a family tablet. It has a large HD screen of 10.1 inches and has a dual speaker with Dolby audio.
Being a family tablet, it provides the users with the option to create multiple accounts. The 5000 mAH battery provides the tablet with long battery life. You can multitask efficiently when using this tablet as it comes with a 2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 Quad-core processor along with 2 GB RAM. It also supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The sleek design of this tab makes it easier to carry everywhere.
- Lenovo M10 tab comes with a front-facing speaker with Dolby audio. This provides the users with a theatre-like sound.
- The long-lasting battery gives it 8 hours of 720p video playback.
- This product has a kid’s mode that keeps your children safe from searching explicit content, eye protection option, and parental control.
- It is an affordable product and great for students as they can carry it everywhere.
- This tablet does not support amazon applications such as amazon prime, kindle, etc.
- The tablet does not support full HD streaming on amazon prime or Netflix.
10. Lenovo Tab M8 2nd Gen Tablet (8-inch)
Lenovo is a well-known Chinese multinational technology company whose headquarters is situated in Beijing, China, and operational headquarters in North Carolina, USA, with operational centers in Singapore.
Lenovo Tab M8 2nd Gen Tablet comes with a beautiful grey body along with a sleek metallic body design. This tablet runs on the latest Android 9 Pie Go edition and has a 2.0 GHz Mediatek Quadcore processor, which provides the users with a smooth surfing experience. It features a 5000 mAH lithium-ion battery, which gives the tab a long battery life. Lenovo M8 comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The tablet weighs only 305 grams making it easier to carry around.
- When compared to other products of the same configuration, the M8 is priced reasonably.
- It is one of the sleek, stylish, and stunning tablets.
- Customers can opt for wireless communication as it comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- It has an 8-inch screen and 1280 x 800 resolution.
- The M8 also features Dolby sound making it great for watching videos and joining meetings.
- This tab comes with a TUV certified display which helps to cut the back blue light and makes it easier for the users.
- This tablet does not come with a sim inserting feature. For this reason, one cannot place phone calls.
Buying Guide for Best Tablet in India
There are many tablets available in the market for customers. But people can get confused about which product to buy. For this reason, we have created this buying guide for the users to choose the right product for themselves.
RAM mainly stands for Random Access Memory. The RAM is important as it helps the tablet to do multitasking efficiently. It is important for the tablet to work effortlessly and multitask as people need to use many applications at the same time without closing them. When you choose a tablet, make sure it has good RAM as you need to use many apps at the same time, and they can run in Facetime in the background without any problem. If you choose a tablet with 1GB RAM, then it will be categorized as average, whereas one with 2GB or higher is suitable.
GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. The GPU is responsible for the tablet to produce great quality video and pictures. If you want a tablet for multimedia or animation purposes, then it is important to opt for a tablet that has an amazing GPU. When you search for some of the best GPUs, you should opt for Nvidia, Qualcomm, and ARM. If you want the best user experience, then you should check the latest version of the GPUs.
The processor plays an important role in your tablet. It determines how fast the processing will be in your tablet. Tablets that come with a dual-core processor are considered average nowadays. If you find a processor suitable for the tablet, then choose a quad-core or octa-core processor with at least 1.4 GHz frequency.
A buyer has the complete right to choose the screen size of their tablet-based on their needs. But when you choose a touchscreen, then various other factors should be kept in mind. Some of the aspects to consider when choosing a touch screen are the pixel density, type of touchscreen, and resolution. Those looking for a good screen should have a pixel density of 300 pixels per inch or PPI. When we talk about average screen, we mean TFT capacitive touchscreen.
On the other hand, IPS or an AMOLED screen is considered excellent. When we compare resolution to another aspect, it might not be as important. But make sure to choose a tablet with good resolution to display high-quality graphics and media.
Nowadays, buyers pay extra attention to the camera of their tablet. If you like to click pictures or shoot videos, it is important to pay attention to the camera quality. Try to choose a tablet whose camera has 5 megapixels or more to make your tablet useful in taking pictures.
Before choosing a tablet, the user should first consider the connectivity option and then buy the product. Nowadays, it is important for your tablet to have a Wi-Fi connection and a Bluetooth of 3.0 or higher. It is also necessary for your tablet to have cellular connectivity. Other connectivity options that the tablet should have are a USB 2.0 or 3.0 to connect to a computer, a port of 3.5mm jack for connecting the headphone, USB on the go features to connect an external keyboard or pen drive, and various other accessories.
When you choose a battery, make sure to opt for the one that has great battery life. For that, you need a higher rating battery. But if your tablet comes with a large battery, then it will take more time to charge. For this reason, you need to find a tablet that comes with a small battery but can run for a longer period of time. When we talk about a tablet, choose one that comes with a 5000 mAh or higher battery. If your tablet has a high current rated charger of 1.5 amperes or higher, then it is considered great.
The memory capacity of a tablet means the amount of content such as media or application it can store in the product. If you are choosing an Android tablet, then it comes with various memory capacities such as 8GB, 16GB, 32Gb, and 64GB. Nowadays, many tablets come with extended memory capacity, such as 128GB or even higher. You also get the option to expand the external memory of the tablet apart from the inbuilt internal memory. Before buying a tablet, the buyer should look at the memory capacity and the amount of data they need to store. Make sure to at least opt for a tablet that has 32GB internal memory and expandable up to 64GB.
Tablets are known to be bigger than a smartphone. For this reason, it usually weighs more. If you buy a tablet that weighs less, then it can be easier to carry and use. The recommended weight of a tablet is around 350 to 550 grams.
Durability and body
It is always advisable to choose a tablet that comes with a sleek body and is durable enough to survive any minor damage force. If you want a lightweight tablet that is durable, then you should search for an aluminum metal body as experts recommend this option.
Up-gradation of the operating system
In the app store, every day, many applications and functions are launched. Hence if you have an older android version, then many applications will not work on your tablet. For this reason, it is important to buy a tablet that lets you upgrade to the later android or OS version from time to time.
Purpose of buying the tablet
First, you should identify the reason why you want to buy a tablet and then choose accordingly. A tablet can act as a substitute for a laptop. Having a tablet makes it easier for the user as it is transportable and has all the functions of a laptop. You can also buy a tablet for entertainment purposes.
If you choose the tablet based on the operating system, then you have three options- android, windows, and iOS. Android is made by Google and is the most popular OS. Customers can download over 2.2 million applications, and various devices use this OS. It provides a customizable interface, widget, shortcut, and gesture. iOS only runs on Apple devices. It has over 2 million apps, and the app ecosystem has opened up to allow better customization. Lastly, Windows is created by Microsoft and can be found in the selected device. People can find 30000 apps and comes with resizable tiles and a changeable colour scheme.
FAQs to Buy Tablet in India
Having a tablet working can get much easier as you can carry it around easily anywhere you go. With portability and power having a tablet makes it easier for people to stay connected and work at ease. Now lets us discuss some of the frequently asked questions by the users regarding a tablet.
Does a tablet have the facility to insert a sim card?
Nowadays, users can find a tablet that comes with the option to insert sim cards. But these tablets cost more than the ones that come without the sim facility. Most of the older tablets do not have this facility, and also some of the new ones do not support the sim facility.
Can users make a call using a tablet?
If your tablet has the option to insert a sim card, then you can make a call from the tablet. You also get the option to do a video call, send a message, access the internet using 2G or 3G according to your sim service. Also if your tablet has Wi-Fi connection and with the help of other application can place video calls. The best tablet in India does not always come with a sim card feature. But people can still purchase them for various other activities apart from making a cellular call.
What is the difference between tablets and smartphones?
Mostly a smartphone and a tablet do not have much of a difference. The only difference is the screen size. A tablet is mainly differentiated because of its larger screen. Although a smartphone is more portable, a tablet has all the features of a laptop and can be used for work.
Can users use a dongle with the tablet?
The dongle is a device that you plug into another device to access the internet. If your tablet does not have a sim facility, then it comes with dongle support. Nowadays, most tablets come with the feature to support a dongle. If you are looking for the best tablet in India, make sure to choose the one that supports the dongle facility.
In the above-stated article, we have discussed some of the best tablets in India. Customers can go through the list and choose the right type of tablet. There are many tablets available in the market, but people need first to understand their purpose of buying the product and decide on a price limit. We have also listed some of the FAQs and listed a buyer’s guide to making the purchasing process easier for the customers.
By following this article, you can get the best tablet in India without any problem. People who use a tablet often find it easier to carry around and get a plethora of work done. This device has helped eliminate carrying a laptop around.